Case Study of POSCO - Analysis of its Growth Strategy and Key Success Factors
- Case Study of POSCO - Analysis of its Growth Strategy and Key Success Factors
- Lee, Seung-Joo; Lee, Eun-Hyung
- Growth strategy; key succeess factors; steel industry; Korea
- Issue Date
- Series/Report no.
- KDI Working Paper Series;09-13
- POSCO has played a major role in Korea’s economic development by supplying domestic
manufacturers with high-quality, low-cost steel products. Despite its initial disadvantage and
lack of resources such as capital, technology, and raw materials, it has emerged as a worldclass
steel maker in a short span of time. This case study aims to explore and analyze the key
success factors of POSCO through examination of the company’s growth and development
process. In particular, it examines the role of government policy, top management leadership,
technology learning and innovation, cost competitiveness and other factors as important
drivers of success. The case also identifies its strategic challenges and key issues for growth
in the future.
- Files in This Item:
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.